Kanken Mini Backpack
Click on colour options above to see images on left
Kanken Mini Backpack is the smaller version of the famed Kanken Classic by Fjallraven - Sweden's famously functional urban backpack. It’s very light, very tough, mightily square, unisex, and the only backpack with a Swedish Royal Warrant.
The original Kanken has been Sweden’s people’s bag since 1978. Ingmar Bergman's grandkids, Volvo workers, Bjorn Borg, and members of The Cardigans have all probably used a Kanken.
Mini Kanken has all the usual good things, but is smaller and lighter. Originally it was intended for schoolkids, but in recent years has been appropriated by groovy Swedish women as a no-fuss day pack for music festivals ... and even as a uber-chic nappy bag.
Kanken backpacks were invented in 1978 by former Boy Scout Ake Nordin in collaboration with Sweden’s Guide & Scout Association. Their reputation as a utilitarian icon has grown every year since. A Mini Kanken Backpack is simple … and deceptively sophisticated :
• main compartment opens completely with heavy duty double zippers that don’t break
- Unique criss-cross backstraps to keeo weight high-up, close to the body, and comfortable
• two side pockets for bottles, magazines etc
• Vinylon F fabric is water repellant and dirt resistant
• a zipped front pocket secures smaller things Kanken backpacks are named for the Swedish word for “carry”.
- machine washable (gently)
Ake Nordin named his company Fjallraven after the Swedish Arctic Fox - as featured on the reflectorized logo on every Kanken backpack. Arctic Foxes are endangered, and part profits of every Kanken sale go towards species preservation.
Ake Nordin passed away in 2013, but his company continues under the guidance of his son. And the famed Kankens carry on …in lots of colours.
Specifications : height = 29cm, width = 20cm, depth = 13cm, volume = 7 litres, weight = 220grams
Original Kanken Backpack also available. Further info click HERE
© Copyright 2017 The Good Store
Terms & Conditions