Spiegelau India Pale Ale Glasses are the first glasses specifically designed for getting the most from the most popular style in the burgeoning world of craft beers.
• triple ridged bottom of these glasses foams and aerates the beer with each sip.
• shape ensures that the top is wide enough to sniff and sip, but narrow enough to stop the famous India Pale Ale ‘hoppy” bouquet from being wasted.
• preserves the bubbles and head, and leads to a brighter taste.
• brilliant clear crystal glass with thin lip
Spiegelau is one of Germany’s great drinking glass manufacturers. They’ve collaborated with leading new wave American craft brewers to develop these India Pale Ale Glasses.
India Pale Ale (IPA) has a higher hop content than most beers because it was believed in colonial times, when England was sending beer to India, that the hops extended the life of the beer over time and hot climate. Thus the unique flavours and bouquet of India Pale Ale. And now, the unusual* shape of the glasses.
• Red Dot Design Award Europe 2015
• Made in Germany
• Dishwasher safe
Specifications : height =186mm ; diameter = 82mm ; volume = 540ml ; boxed in six pack
*Crucial Trivia : Beer has come a long way. Spiegelau’s stablemate Riedel briefly released a glass with a resemblance to this a few years ago. It was for champagne.