Retap Water Bottles are for people who like glass and the environment. They subtly make drinking tap water more pleasurable to drink, while underlining the idea that tap water from a re-usable bottle is the most eco-friendly way to quench thirst.
The name Retap says it all – it stands for REfill withTAP water. Have a bottle, take it to a tap and fill, use until empty … and repeat. For years.
The glass used is borosilicate glass – as used in test tubes. It’s a premium product which means a drinking glass can be sturdy, lighter and thinner.
• warranty against breakage – if your Retap breaks, just send us a picture and we’ll replace it.
• imparts no taste or taint
• the mouth of the bottle is standard through the differing sizes. It’s slightly larger than soft drink bottles and has a satisfying strong water flow.
• leak-proof – thanks to a recyclable phthalate-free, and BPA-free elastomer cap. It can be kept in a bag or rolling around on a car seat without spillage
• the small and medium Retaps fit in most car cup holders
• dishwasher and microwave safe
The Retap company was formed in Denmark in 2010 after the co-founders saw the documentary Garbage Island about a rubbish & plastic bottle Gyre floating in the North Pacific. They created a re-usable glass bottle as part of an end to un-necessary non-recyclable plastic junk.
A Retap Water Bottle isn’t as cheap as other bottles. It’s the essence of the idea that the greatest design looks the simplest – there’s no neon lights here. What a Retap Water Bottle does do is offer value. A wonderful cost-per-use proposition : they’re so beautiful to use that owners will use them constantly for a long long time. And drink a lot more water.
• Good Design Award 2012
• Red Dot Design 2011
• Made in Czechia (glass bottle) and Denmark (lid)